Lit3 aims to develop and advocate for effective policies that promote family literacy (reading and health literacy) for and in Roma communities with a view to raising Roma children’s attainment level in general education and improving Roma adults’ literacy skills.
More specifically, we aim to:
1. Provide the evidence-base for generating effective policies that promote family literacy by developing and piloting a Roma family literacy programme;
2. Develop local strategies to promote and implement family literacy programmes in Roma communities in three locations (Cluj-Napoca, Romania; Podgorica, Montenegro; Dolny Kubin, Slovakia)
3. Engage key local stakeholders in promoting and implementing effective policies for Roma family literacy, and in the valorisation of the project results;
4. Design curriculum and a delivery model for a Family Literacy Programme (reading literacy and health literacy) which focuses on primary school children and their parents and grandparents;
5. Provide health literacy promotion materials for healthcare units/ surgeries in disadvantaged communities;
6. Raise awareness of the essential role of family literacy as a tool for improving children’s school success.
7. Disseminate and valorise the project results.